Saturday, May 23, 2009

Early Season Fishing

Rob and Frank go Brook Trout Fishing


Beautiful weather. We’ll be opening Omineca Lodge in a week. Busy preparing for the season but Rob and I found time to do a walk-in fishing trip in Eskers Park just north of Prince George.

It was my first time there so Rob was the guide. Strapped on our float tubes and walked 45 min. to a beautiful lake. The trout were rising as we geared up.

A swell day of fishing. We both hooked and caught many fish. Rainbows and Brook Trout. Biggest was about 14 inches.

I caught my first Brook Trout ever and first on the dry. I fished the last half of the day dry-only. Thanks, Guide.

Critter count: One Big Black Bear, Loons, Red-headed Woodpecker and Scarlett Tanager.

Saw the Space Station, low over the south in the twillight, as we packed the truck.

2 comments:

  1. I probably wouldn't fish, but just hanging out in the water sounds grand. I miss a world without traffic noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh very nice, life is good!

    ReplyDelete